Wednesday Night, March 26, 2008
I don’t have a lot of time, so I thought I would see if I could find you a bunch of links to check out. I haven’t given a lot of links lately, so some of these may be a couple of days old.
· John Sickels has a bunch of Twins related True or False questions today:
o The Johan Santana Trade
o He also did a Not a Rookie segment on Scott Baker.
· There were several opinions on the Twins deal with Joe Nathan:
o Josh Taylor came back and wasn’t going to write much, then wrote a bunch on Nathan.
o SBG and Ubelman teamed up.
o The Twins Geek uses Deal or No Deal to make sense of the deal.
o The Bleacher Bums just don’t think it makes a lot of sense.
· Nick Nelson has continued his Twins position analyses:
· Jim Mandelaro blogged some interesting thoughts this morning on his Extra Bases blog. He had a great conversation with Bill Smith and learned that Brian Bass will be the Twins 12th pitcher. The decision on what to do with Francisco Liriano could be dependent upon his Friday spring training start.
· Did you see the box score for the Twins/Rays game this afternoon? I told Jeff Manship that he needs to renegotiate. He pitched the ninth inning, a 1-2-3 inning, for the save. Joe Nathan gave up a run on two hits in his inning, yet he just signed a $47 million contract… Yes, I am kidding, but it was a nice performance and opportunity for Manship. The Twins like to get some of their minor leaguers an inning or an at bat in spring for a couple of reasons. The coaching staff gets to see them, and more importantly meet them. The players get to see how the big leaguers prepare, or even simply what the big league life is like. It’s just a good thing.
· LaVelle is taking your votes for the Picks to Click in 2008.
· Good news from Joe Christensen tonight… Scott Baker threw 49 pitches today, and will make a start on Sunday, hoping to get close to 65 pitches. If he is able to do that, he could be the Twins starter in their fifth game. Also, Carlos Gomez seems to be just fine after leaving the game this afternoon early, pulling up lame in the outfield. Apparently he is going to be starting tomorrow.
That is it for now… I will likely be back a little later with a couple more things.